Orchard Garden Grand Opening SUCCESS
We had a wonderful Grand Opening at the Westside Orchard Garden...check out the photo album HERE .
It was a beautiful day, a good crowd, lots of information and excitement about what is happening in that 2.2 acre piece of land. Stay tuned for class and workshop schedules, and come watch the "garden grow"! Click on any photo and read the caption...
and we have POTS for sale - all sizes, but ones good for a small garden - 10 and 15 gallon pots for only $2 each. Come to the garden and load up your car...
The summer and fall harvest from the Garden will benefit local pantries and kitchens in Great Falls. Join us this summer in making the Garden a wonderful place to "grow". Your talents, ideas, and help are welcomed
What can YOU do to further sustainability in your community? Start with 1 of these:
1. Grow something you can eat.
2. Eat what someone has grown locally.
3. Join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
4. Help a neighbor start a garden.
5. Compost in a bucket or in your backyard.
6. Shop at your local Farmer's Market - and ask if they GROW their own product.
7. Join a Community Garden.
8. Volunteer to help with a school garden or get one started at your child's school.
9. Ask "what's locally grown ?" at your grocery store and when you go out to dinner.
10. Join Gardens from Garbage as a member and support our projects with your volunteer hours and dollars.
11. And my favorite - BUY A CITY LOT AND PLANT AN ORCHARD