JOIN OUR GROWING COMMUNITY
Thanks to all who participated in our 4th Annual FRESH! Food Forum - attendees, vendors, teachers, sponsors, kids. It was a fun, full, and educational day and we're already planning and looking forward to next year, with expanded possibilitites.
We have 3 excellent documentaries to loan out if you are interested in showing to your friends, families, neighbors, or organizations.
- FRESH - The underground documentary that became a massive grassroots success, FRESH is the embodiment of the good food movement. http://www.freshthemovie.com/
- Dirt! the movie - Dirt! The Movie is an insightful and timely film that tells the story of the glorious and unappreciated material beneath our feet. http://www.thedirtmovie.org/
- A PLACE AT THE TABLE - "It specifically addresses our country’s hunger crisis. But it also speaks to larger hungers. Hungers for independence, a dignified life, a better chance for one’s children – in short, the American dream. http://www.magpictures.com/aplaceatthetable/#
What can YOU do to further sustainability in your community? Start with 1:
1. Grow something you can eat
2. Eat what someone has grown locally.
3. Join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
4. Help a neighbor start a garden.
5. Compost in a bucket or in your backyard.
6. Shop at your local Farmer's Market - and ask if they GROW their own product.
7. Join a Community Garden.
8. Volunteer to help with a school garden or get one started at your child's school.
9. Ask "what's locally grown ?" at your grocery store and when you go out to dinner.
10. Join Gardens from Garbage as a member and support our projects with your volunteer hours and dollars.
11. And my favorite - BUY A CITY LOT AND PLANT AN ORCHARD