JOIN OUR GROWING COMMUNITY!
Fall Update - GFG Calendars For Sale!
We have Gardens from Garbage 2014 CALENDARS for sale - Let's Talk Dirt! Created by our local crew, guaranteed to delight and inform: gardening information, Gardens from Garbage events, Mike Dalton's famous North Dakota jokes, local art, Westside Orchard Garden pictures - the BEST! Only $12.00.
Order yours now from the Captain's Store, pick one up at Farmer's Market, or buy several for family members at 2J's Fresh Market. Photo
Sponsor a bench in the Garden - the benches are steps from the original Carnegie Library in Great Falls and will be positioned in the Garden, both in the Learning Center and throughout the 2 acre Garden Park. Click on the Garden Bench tab to see the full information about how to sponsor a plaque.
It was a beautiful day, a good crowd, lots of information and excitement about what is happening in that 2.2 acre piece of land. Thanks to Board Member, Kim Haloupek, we have a new member of the Garden, "Jack". He's about 8 feet tall - come meet him when you have time. Veronica Smith, teen volunteer, has graced our "worm hotel" with her first mural.
The summer and fall harvest from the Garden is and will continue to benefit the kids and their families from the Head Start Program and other pantries and kitchens in Great Falls. Join us in making the Garden a wonderful place to "grow". Your talents, ideas, and help are welcomed.
What can YOU do to further sustainability in your community? Start with 1 of these:
1. Grow something you can eat.
2. Eat what someone has grown locally.
3. Join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
4. Help a neighbor start a garden.
5. Compost in a bucket or in your backyard.
6. Shop at your local Farmer's Market - and ask if they GROW their own product.
7. Join a Community Garden.
8. Volunteer to help with a school garden or get one started at your child's school.
9. Ask "what's locally grown ?" at your grocery store and when you go out to dinner.
10. Join Gardens from Garbage as a member and support our projects with your volunteer hours and dollars.
11. And my favorite - BUY A CITY LOT AND PLANT AN ORCHARD