LOCAL GROWERS & PRODUCERS ~ LET'S BUY LOCALLY!:
1. A LAND OF GRASS - Our grassfed beef cattle and sheep are raised without added hormones or antibiotics on rangeland that looks essentially the same as the first day that Lewis and Clark saw it — native prairie.
Mule deer and whitetails, antelope, sage grouse, Hungarian partridges and ducks and geese thrive here. The hawks build their nests in the spring. The badgers dig holes all year. We encourage coyotes to hunt elsewhere.
2. BROKEN SPOKE RANCH - We sell quality ground beef to local area schools and businesses. We take cattle directly from our ranch at Power to Vaughn Meats, a USDA licensed facility, to be processed into quality lean ground beef and then deliver it directly to you. You know what you are getting and who it came from. There is a turn-around time from the ranch to your kitchen of about 10 days. Now that is fresh beef!
Phone: 406-463-2578 Fax: 406-788-5526
1311 4th Road NE
Power, North Central Montana 59468
3. GROUNDWORKS FARM - Eric and Audra Bergman began Groundworks Farm of Great Falls, Montana in 2009 as a family-scale operation committed to varied principles of an abundant and sustainable food system. What started as a hobby and a dream has now evolved into a full-time, work-in-progress farm. West of Great Falls, Montana they now grow vegetables and livestock using a diversified, integrated farming model, with products directly marketed to local customers through a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program.
Home-grown products offered at a great value: Mixed Vegetables, Range Raised Pork, Pastured Broiler Chicken http://groundworksfarmmt.com/
4. ORGANIC HEAVEN - Located on the beautiful Missouri River in Montana, we operate greenhouses 10 months a year and outdoor garden operation with specialties in edible flower baskets and Heirloom Tomato starter plants in the spring, Heirloom Tomatoes througout the summer and early fall,a vast variety of herbs and in the fall Heirloom Winter Squash . Our product offerings vary by year, but the full selection can be viewed on our web site under the 'Organic Heaven' heading.
5. PRAIRIE HERITAGE FARM - Prairie Heritage Farm is a diversified, organic farm near Conrad Montana, owned and operated by Jacob and Courtney Cowgill. We grow:
ancient and heritage wheat, lentils and a variety of seed crops.
We sell all our products direct to customers (call for details!), but mostly through our three Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share programs.
6. Tilleraas Landscape & Nursery is a family owned and operated business since 1986. We pride ourselves on quality, servidce, and customer relations.
7. ROUGH DIAMOND FARM ~ We are offering early greens and vegetables as they become available and also offer sufficient quantities of some types of vegetables for freezing or canning if the the customer indicates their desire at the time of sign up and also the types and quantities of those vegetables. Vegetables available for freezing and canning quantities include; green and wax beans, beets, broccoli, tomatoes and cauliflower. Our long term storage items that are available into the winter include; potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage, beets, and endive.
Dave, Margie & Chris McVeda http://www.localharvest.org/csa/M50870 406-799-2665 or 406-781-0057
8. TIMELESS SEEDS -
Timeless Seeds is located where the Great Plains of America unfold from the majestic Rocky Mountain Front into the renowned Golden Triangle, Montana's most productive agricultural area. Here the cool, dry environment is ideal for producing high quality, certified organic cereal grains, pulse crops, and edible seeds for which Timrless has become famous. \
Look for Timeless Seeds LENTILS in a grocery store near you (2J's Fresh Market).
9. FLOWER FARM NURSERY & GREENHOUSE
The Flower Farm has busily been preparing for their opening since February. One of the owners, Debbie Petrini, states that the importance of a locally owned green house is like a circle. The money is generated in Great Falls and workers are from the area. To complete the circle, the Flower Farm donates time and plants to the community. A great source for all of your gardening needs.